Friday, January 4, 2013

Peaceful Find

I love being a Chaote. It's nice finding peace through different spiritual means.

Today, I found a pretty sweet looking mala. If you know me, you know I love prayer beads of all sorts.

This particular mala is made out of yak bones in a really neat looking pattern with smoky and clear crystals as markers. The yak whose bones are being used to make the mala died of natural causes, so no worries.

I think my favorite malas deal with bones and natural stones since they were once part of the earth and have been cleared off or have gone to the earth in the end. That's so cool.

Another cool part of this mala is that it was made by nuns. All of the proceeds help support education, building projects, and other needs that deal with Tibetan Nuns Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment